Friday, November 14, 2008

The Guardian


Darkness on every corner and at the bottom of the photo tries to consume the smoky haze which overcomes the photo its self. An elder man, tied by his feet, takes place on two extended branches lurching over land which appears to be seemed as a bone yard but yet a field filled with broken branches. Chilling sticks and branches swarm his two arms gracefully opening as a stork on his legs ready to attack it prey that sways at the bottom of its feet. His face so concentrated, so harsh, that his black and white business suit appears not to be important, unlike his unsympathetic glare, which watches the land below.
The name “The Guardian” does not seem to over power the photo at all but completes the entire concept of the picture. Although it was felt like as if the photo should have been taken closer or cropped in order to get a better view of the picture. Over all very well, and it in away makes me think about the difference between evil and good.

5 comments:

Miss Cook said...

Fantastic description happening, painting a very potent mood. I am wanting an interpretation now that surpasses the description. You have successfully built me up, seeing this image, now I want to know WHY? WHAT is it about??

Miss Cook said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angel said...

Very good I liked it it was a very good interprtaion good job keep it up.

Brittany said...

I like your discription of what was going on in the picture, your word choice made your interpretation all the better becuse i could picture the man in my head.

Miss Cook said...

Andrea, your portfolio starts off strong, or shall I say it ends strong. But then you are missing all your final posts, which are quite a few. When you are in class and working you do some really nice things, however, your attendance I think is getting in the way of your grades. When it comes to my class, every minute counts. Next semester can be fantastic, but it will be up to you to be ready to go each day. You are capable of having a superb portfolio. I look forward to it.